Monday, September 13, 2010

Things that Make a Heart Melt



1. Letters of recommendation from employers that mean a lot to me:

"In this short time everyone at TAG has come to love and appreciate Allyson for her youth, enthusiasm and dedication to the theatre. In fact we have done everything we can to try and keep her here in Hawaii because she has so much to offer. Our hope is that when she finishes school she will return to the islands and again join our TAG family."



2. Pua Heimuli

She's like the Jordan Schramka of Hawaii.

Maopopo ku`u `ike i ka nani
Nâ pua rose o Maunawili
I laila hia`ia nâ manu
Miki`ala i ka nani o ka lipo
I have seen and watched your loveliness
The sweet rose of Maunawili
And 'tis there the birds of love dwell
And sip the honey from your lips


3. Beautiful Italian men buying sunglasses for their beautiful Italian wives (or even just photos of them brushing their girlfriend's hair. Heck, what I wouldn't give for someone to brush MY hair. OOOH! This could be like that story, you know, THAT one, where the girl sells her hair to buy a chain for her husband's pocket watch, and HE sells his pocket watch to buy a comb for her hair! I can sell my hair to have him brush my hair, and he can sell his hands to ......................................wait.............................................................eww.)



4. Peter Clark and Karen Valasek as Toby and Angela in "Duets." Every night, Victoria peeks through a hole in the back wall (a la "Porky's") about the size of a screw. A few nights ago, she waved me over, pointed to the hole, and I was miraculously transported into the most beautiful viewing of human nature that I have ever seen in my entire life. Essentially, what transpires is that a brother admits to his sister that he admires her bravery by allowing herself to fall in love. What I see is two beautiful, attractive heads, one veiled and costumed in a wedding gown, surrounded by angelic, pure light....all about the size of a brooch. The proportions are perfect, I'm telling you.


5. Scavenger hunts from Jacin (WHO IS ACROSS THE FREAKING WORLD, THANK YOU VERY MUCH) that are not accurate enough to be followed to a birthday present, so I am, in fact, still scavenging. He says the fourteenth step--apparently, we both don't count fourteen the same way. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment