Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Password Protected....for GOOD


I got a notice today to change my password. "Your password will expire soon. Please take a moment and click on the link to change it."

So I did.

"In order to verify your identity, please answer the security question you have chosen, below: Security Question: who has broken your heart?"

My answer: Are you kidding me? Did I really type that eons ago? Did I really believe that there was someone, somewhere in my past who stood out among the thousands and thousands of heartbreaks one encounters day-to-day? This is akin to the time I picked up my diary from second grade and had drawn hearts all over the taped picture of Shane Politz. Did I really recently assign my "heartbreak" as someone else's responsibility? I'm under the impression now that I can choose to have my heart broken or not--hopefully this proves true, yeah?

Anyway, I could only assume it was Kaiao, and that maybe my Old Self was relying on my ability to assume that I'd answer with the person I have the most romantic history with, especially since my Present Self still has a fear of being locked out of a password-protected forum for not scoring the correct password within a maximum of three attempts. But what the heck, I started typing in all the names of anyone I'd even ever remotely been let down by, even if for the briefest moment, starting with my Dad, my best friend, Leah, previous boyfriends, professors, and eventually, yes, Kaiao, which proved to be the score.

Too bad, though--I think I might have appreciated my humor at having "Richard Hess" be the big winner. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment