Saturday, October 9, 2010

Exercise: It Can Always Get Better

The thing about being in Hawaii for four months, was that my legs got strong. Quickly. Everyone has GREAT legs in Hawaii. It makes sense, doesn't it? If you're not on your surfboard, you're in the water. If you're not walking, you're biking. People are active, people travel, and everyone naturally gets the exercise they need (mostly.)
Not only that, but the landscape is PERFECT for whipping your ass into shape. I, myself, walked .7 miles up a mountain for three months every day just to get home. The ocean whips and flips your body around, and there is just no way of simulating the power of nature in our modern day exercise machines and pristine gyms. No way. Mother Nature will knock you on your ass every time.
But I try.
So, I'm trying to find a way to recreate the kick-ass legs I developed while in Hawaii. I want to make them stronger! I've been jogging, bicycling, and the other day, I went to this football stadium:



...and I walked the stairs. Well, actually only about half the stadium, by the end of it. I walked down, turned around, ran halfway up, then mercifully pulled myself up the remaining ones. It actually wasn't too bad....I thought......then my calves wouldn't stop quaking for the rest of the evening. :)
The work out itself wasn't enough to target the areas I'm trying to reconnect with, and the time spent there was a little bit boring. Until, that is, I saw a big red mat laying on the field, and a group of three boys tossing a football. Of course, I marched my little rear straight down those steps and asked one of them to do this, for me:


He was happy to oblige, and I finished my work-out with a great deal of self-satisfaction. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment